"Where there's music, there can be no evil"
Cervantes(1605-15:24) in Don Quixotes
Musik Remaja Indonesia (MRI) is a national non-profit organization in the form of network that deals with youth and music. Since 2002 MRI becomes a member of Jeunesses Musicales International and bears the name Jeunesses Musicales Indonesie. MRI was founded in 1998 by Yayuk Rahadjo, a public relation practitioner; and the late Yazeed Djamin, a well-known Indonesian composer and conductor.
We believe that music is a universal language which is essential in peace building. It enhances positive emotion and solidarity; and empowers young people to be professionals through developing positive attitude and managerial skill.
Our dreams are to be the world ambassador for peace and to become the center of activities for youth empowerment. MRI carries the missions:
- to cultivate young audiences
- to produce young professional musicians
through music, raising young professionals with good managerial skills and positive attitudes in all forms of activities.
As a networking organization, MRI invites interested parties, groups and individuals, such as musicians, music schools, music groups, music workers, and music lovers to join hand in hand to build a healthy, productive and strong character of the nation’s young generation.
MRI-Online is the MRI's online community site where those interested in music and share our visions for youth and peaceful world are welcome to join in to build network, work together, and share ideas, knowledge and concerns.
MRI has several products for carrying its missions:
- National Youth Orchestra Indonesia (NYOI)
- National Youth Orchestra Indonesia (NYOI), MRI’s first product that aims to foster young musicians to increase their standard quality of music and managerial skill. Our orchestra is groomed by music experts with international standing from within and outside the country.
- Prof. Raimund See, orchestra music director and conductor – Munich, Germany
- Iswargia R. Sudarno, chamber music director and conductor - Bandung, Indonesia
- Drs. Triyono Bramantyo M.Mus.Ed., Ph.D, Advisor - Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Music Crossroad Indonesia (MCI)
- When several bands of young musicians gather in a festival, competition and workshop that enhance their musical talents, we can expect to see cheerful faces performing strong expressions from various genres of music striving for excellence, that demonstrate youth positive creativity. To complete the educational activities, the winner of the MCI competition will undertake a mission as an Indonesian ambassador in several international music events.
Along with their musical activities, the young musicians selected to participate MCI will have the opportunity to be trained as spokespersons for anti-drugs campaign as contribution to the effort of building a healthy environment.
- School Concert (SC)
- Education for the youth needs various forms of activities to boost self development toward the quality of wellbeing. SC aims to inspire the young people with different kinds of musical activities that are possible to use for personality and carrier path development.
Thomas Clarlyle (1841:) in On Heroes, Hero-Worship and the Heroic in History spoke his challenge, “Who is there that, in logical words, can express the effect music has on us? A kind of inarticulate unfathomable speech, which leads us to the edge of the Infinite, and lets us for a moment gaze into that!” In 1852 in his essay “The Opera”, Carlyle added that music is “… the speech of angels….”. Carlyle put music as a medium which can arise religious inner feeling to reach The Holly God.
How to reach Musik Remaja Indonesia
Jl. Panglima Polim XIII/ 83, Jakarta 12160, Indonesia
Telephone +6221-724-7400 6221-7279-3583
Who's who in Musik Remaja Indonesia
- Board of Advisors
- Board of Supervisors
- Djoni Ishak
- Ahmad Junaedy Ganie
- Board of Executives